SENIOR COLLEGE OPTIONS PROGRAMME
Art and Culture
Career Entry Skills
St Andrew's College
__________________________________________________________________Financial Literacy is critical knowledge for young people. Richard Branson, one of the world's most successful people says this..." Well, I think that there's a very thin line between success and failure. And I think if you start a business without financial backing [and financial literacy] you're likely to go the wrong side of that dividing line".
"The ability to make financial decisions and manage personal and business finances
permeates all aspects of an individual’s life. From value shopping, buying a house,
involvement in business organisations and evaluating the impact of financial decisions
forms an essential life-time competency for every person in today’s society. Life requires
an understanding of how finance and financial arrangements impact on members of a
community from savings through to investments decisions" (Auckland University, 2016).
- Understand the financial planning process;
- Understand concepts of saving and spending;
- Understand cashflow including the impact cashflow has on commercial and human behaviour;
- Understand the decision process in respect to car and housing decisions;
- Understand the components of consumer loans;
- Understand ‘investment’, shares, bonds (debentures) and managed funds within the context of kiwisaver.
Training Provider: TBC
Training Fee: $70
Class Size: 10 - 18 students